Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday, September 24th

We are off to another great week!

Last week I did Dibel reading testing on all students. We also did star math testing. If you would like to know how your child did before the Parent/Teacher conferences on October 4th and 5th, just send me an email, give me a call, or stop in before or after school!

I will be working on reading level testing this week. Remember to keep reading with your child every night. It is important that your child read to you at least 15 minutes each night. I know they love to have you read to them, but it is really important that you let them read to you too. By asking questions after they read you are helping them to comprehend more of what they are reading also!

We have begun doing addition and subtraction timed tests each Wednesday. Students need to complete each test in around three minutes and all answers have to be correct. These will be sent home on Thursday. Please work on any problems that your child got incorrect. Thanks!

Here is the weekly newsletter. https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4B6qqBRN5ifRzdmRElMX3VJY1U. There are lots of goodies on it including information on my Donors Choose page, some school supplies our class needs and what we are up to this week. I hope you take a peek. Plus, I am giving students the chance to earn a reward if they read it with you!

I look forward to this week and all that it has to offer. This week I will be meeting with our principal, Mr. Anderson and discuss my personal goal for the year. My goal is that I will implement IXL.com into our weekly math routine. By doing this I hope that your child will be able to also use it at home. Have a wonderful week.