Monday, December 17, 2012

We are 69 days into school!

Before I go on to my Monday blog post. I'd like to share a poem with you:

When I look at them,
When I smile at them,
When I hold them,
I realize that I have the universe in my hands.
They are the light of my life.
They are the love of my life.
They are life.

All 16 of my students hold a very dear place in my heart. I look forward to each day I get to teach them, learn with them, and grow with them. Thank you for entrusting me with your children. We are having a wonderful year and I can't wait for the rest!

 
Our class picture taken by Rick McNitt studio.

Today is our 69th day of 2nd grade. I simply cannot believe it. Where has all the time gone?

Last Friday we made our first student created blog post. Each Friday they will be posting about ten things they did that week. You can check it out by clicking on "Students in Room 121" at the top of this page.

This week is going to be a busy one. Be sure to read about everything on the newsletter: December 17-21 Newsletter

Here are this week's spelling words: Spelling Unit 13

A few reminders: Giving Tree is done this week, our Christmas Program is Thursday at 12:30, wear pajamas on Friday, and bring healthy snacks if you'd like to Friday.

Please feel free to call or email me with questions. Thanks, Mrs. Smith :)

Here is a picture of our door with our, "What Christmas Means to Me" and "What my Family Means to Me" projects on them: Door picture :)