Monday, April 2, 2012

Easter love and joy!

Easter! Easter is approaching and I thought a blog about Easter would be appropriate. About five minutes ago I walked through our library and overheard a story about the Easter bunny. What I noticed was that a student asked whether the Easter bunny was real or fake? The wonderful teacher in there responded perfectly. She said, "It does not matter whether the Easter bunny is real or fake, but rather think about what the Easter bunny stands for: love and joy with family." I want to encourage you today that whether you celebrate Easter with a bunny, with family, with Jesus, or any other tradition, that you continue to have love and joy. I am encouraged this week to teach my students how to show love and joy through stories about Pysanky eggs and through other Easter activities. They will learn language skills while learning life skills. Continue to use every situation to learn many different things. Enjoy your Easter break!